Fountain and Fort Carson
Sitting just south of Colorado Springs, Fountain has all the charm of a Western town with a load of modern amenities. Fountain, or “Fountain Valley,” is a developing and affordable area set conveniently near Fort Carson. This makes it popular with military families, given the convenience of the location and the sufficient shopping and amenities nearby. The Fountain Creek Regional Park is a major draw for outdoor activities and leisure.
Fountain has several larger neighborhoods, including Mesa Ridge, Cumberland Green, Wild Oak Farms, Cross Creek and Countryside. Established neighborhoods are found in the majority of south and western Fountain and newer and new home communities are in the northern and eastern areas.
Fountain is around 15 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs and has great I-25 access. With great access and good infrastructure, Fountain Valley is poised to continue growing into a lovely mid-sized city in the Colorado Springs area.
Fountain and Fort Carson Schools
- Abrams Elementary School (Ft Carson)
- Aragon Elementary School
- Eagleside Elementary School
- Jordahl Elementary School
- Mesa Elementary School
- Mountainside Elementary School
- Patriot Elementary School (Ft Carson)
- Weikel Elementary School (Ft Carson)
- Carson Middle School (Ft Carson)
- Fountain Middle School
- Fountain Fort Carson High School
- Fountain Valley School (private)
Fountain and Fort Carson Parks
- Fountain Creek Regional Park
- Cross Creek Regional Park
- Aga Park
- John Metcalf Park
- Country Side Park
- Hibbard Park
- Iron Horse Park (Ft Carson)
- Cheyenne Shadows Golf Club (Ft Carson)
Fountain and Fort Carson Restaurants
- Fort Carson (on base)
- Caribbean Blend
- Wing Street
- Multiple fast food options to include: Jimmy John’s, Subway, McDonalds, Arby’s, Burger King, etc.
Real Estate Market Stats and Map
For the latest Fountain and Fort Carson real estate market information, see our monthly market reports.
Fountain and Fort Carson Real Estate Market Overview
Overall, Fountain has about 60-70 homes sales per month with homes selling in an average of 3 weeks. Depending on the size, location and condition of the home prices range from about $129k – $490k. The average 3-4 bed 3 bath 2,000sf home sells for $240k, at 100% of asking price. (MLS data Jan-Jun 2017 single family homes)
Fountain and Fort Carson Neighborhood Boundaries
Fountain Valley is located to the immediate east of Fort Carson Army Base and south of Colorado Springs.